Brazil is a vast country with several distinctly different biomes. The mighty Amazon rain forest covers almost half of the country. Below that on the west is the Pantanal, the world's largest wetlands. Central Brazil is covered with Cerrado, or grassland and gallery forest habitat. Northeastern Brazil is caatinga desert, with patches of tropical moist forest on the coast. Southeastern Brazil hosts Atlantic rain forests, less well known than the Amazon but 20 million years older. The great Serra do Mar mountain range follows up much of the southeastern coast and inland north of Rio de Janeiro. In the upper altitudes of these mountains one finds Brazilian alpine and isolated mountain tops with many endemic species. The southern part of the country turns temperate, with grasslands, wetlands and stands of Araucaria pine forests.
Our tours in Brazil cover many regions and include:
- BEST OF BRAZIL - Rain Forests, Wetlands, Cerrado & Highlands
- PANTANAL & CHAPADA DOS GUIMARÃES: Wetlands, Waterfalls & Wildlife
- CARAÇA AND CARATINGA BIOLOGICAL STATION: Monkeys & More!
- AMAZON: Rain Forests, Rivers and Wildlife of Alta Floresta
- EMAS NATIONAL PARK: Anteaters, Rheas and Maned Wolves in a Sea of Grass
- ARAGUAIA RIVER: Fresh Water Dolphins and More
- ITATIAIA NATIONAL PARK - Cloud Forests and the Brazilian Alpine
- IGUAÇU FALLS - Rain Forests, Wildlife & Spectacular Waterfalls
* Click Titles for Details
Our knowledge of Brazil is unequaled. We offer our services in all of Brazil, and operate nature tours in all of the areas mentioned above, including amazon nature tours. Our naturalist guides are equipped with a spotting telescope for seeing distant animals and for fantastic views of those that are close. We also use a microphone and tape recorder for luring in rare and hard to see animals that respond to their own call, and the appropriate bird and mammal identification books for your enjoyment. Here we present descriptions of our nature tours in several of the regions. Read it all, and then let us know what you are most interested in and when you want to travel. We'll forward daily itineraries and, if we don't already have a tour to fit your interests, will help you design one. Enjoy reading, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
For details about the tour leaders, accommodations, dates, group sizes etc see Tour Details for Brazil
The first step to a dream vacation is to complete the Inquiry Form
Focus Tours Inc.